Wednesday, July 25, 2012

When fantasy is better than reality

Childish dreams. When Harry Potter came out I said to myself, “Hey I want to be a wizard too!” After reading Hunger Games, I realized that I just want to be a fan. I don’t want to be a volunteer in my district anymore. And now that I just finished watching the blockbuster film “The Avengers”, I wanted to become a superhero all the more! As ridiculous as it may sound, I was even tempted to inquire MilitarySchools.us if they have a “Captain America” program! I know that one of our dreams when we were kids is to become a superhero and have super powers. We even fought with the evil villains with our imaginary swords and bow. Childish dreams. But looking at what is happening with our world today. I think those childish dreams are somewhat making sense. Our world seems so hopeless; never ending conflict between the people and between states, problem with pollution, global warming and a lot more crisis to the point that we resolve into wishing that we have super powers to end all these. Captain Planet, where are you? The earth needs someone like you! Thanks to our immature fantasies at least we have a defense mechanism to forget about the sad realities that we are all having now.

No comments:

Post a Comment