Sunday, July 15, 2012

Driving me crazy

A depressing condition. Obsessive compulsive disorder is a condition in which a person is preoccupied with rules, orderliness, and control. A shot through my heart! There’s nothing wrong with abiding the rules, being orderly, and wanting to have control, except of course when you have OCD. But I must admit that I am an OC person as well. It drives me mad when a single detail is not in place to the point that I arrange my wardrobe according to color. With the darkest shade on the bottom part of the pile; the slightest sign of disorderliness drives me insane. Because of my constant want to achieve perfection, I tend to become a control freak sometimes. I remember one time during college when someone asked me why I kept using spring notebook. Although it’s hard to do, I covered it with plastic sleeves, instead of the conventional one. My answer was “So that when I make a mistake while writing, it’s easy to tear the pages off.” It is really hard when you are an OC. No matter what you do, you just can’t help it. Other people may find it irritating. I myself find it irritating at times too, but I hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment