Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Good old times


One of a kind childhood experience. Give a modern kid a picture of Power Rangers and they will never know who these guys are. They have an Xbox and a few minutes later they will get bored unlike the Atari which my generation could spend hours playing. These are just some of the many things the youngsters during my time had experienced, which kids these days would never understand. Let's bet! I would give a hundred peso bill to any kid who would not refer to a film container as a “small Tupperware” or a kid who can recognize what floppy disk holders are!

“Kids these day”, a famous phrase we older people would usually say. As technology advances just as kids these days are; I could say that they are missing a lot of the good old stuffs. They will never understand how getting skinned knees are worth it when you have been out all day in the playground with other kids. They will never experience the fun we had playing under the rain as they are more often than not facing their PCs and iPads. For sure I would never allow my kids not to experience the kind of childhood I had; fun, free, and a lot of experiences that made me become what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment