Monday, April 16, 2012

To live forever


A gift or a curse. I know that there was once a time in our lives that we wanted to live forever, to be immortal. For me at least, I’ve always wanted to reach a century and materialize all of my 100th birthday ideas. Perhaps I could do a lot of things during my 100 years of existence!

Immortality. A word that greatly entices human’s desire. Just imagine what one can do with the infinite time in their hands. But the idea of “living forever” makes me shudder. Just imagine this; you can't die, no matter how much you desperately want to die. You watch the people you love dying, the place you once knew slowly fading away.  I could not quite fathom how lonely it is! You are like living in the world, only to witness its rise and downfall. What a price to pay in exchange for an eternity! I think we don’t need to be “immortal”. We can just leave a legacy for the future generation, in that way, we would be able to live in their minds eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment