Sunday, March 25, 2012

Against the code of ethics

In real estate, every single minute is precious. I was caught in a heavy traffic while on my way to meet a client. But I made sure to call her ahead of time since it is against our code of ethics to keep a prospect waiting. When I reached our meeting place, I saw her very engrossed with her phone. I slowly walked towards her, so as not to cause disturbance. I greeted her with a smile and politely apologized for the inconvenience. But she said no worries since she also got the chance to be familiarized with her newly bought Iphone. In fact, she is hooked with the new game Words For Words With Friends. I'm so lucky that my client is very cool and patient. If that happened to other customers, for sure they would have left after a minute. Lesson learned; always be on time. Every single minute is precious and may affect the outcome of the transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment